Illtech is my custom developed cross platform graphics engine. It has been and designed and written to support PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. The video above provides a short overview about the supported features and underlying architecture.
My graduation report is not publicly available. If you have signed a PlayStation 4 NDA and would be interested in reading more about the PS4 specific process, architecture and optimizations, send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Feature summary: - Stateless rendering architecture - Shader cross compilation system - Hotswappable game and engine code - Asynchronous resource system with support for hot swapping of resources - Automatic Resource Rebuild on filesystem changes - Forward Clustered Rendering - Multithreaded architecture - Debug Options via REST interface - Fixed-Point representations for scene object positions
Special thanks to Codeglue who provided me with the opportunity to implement the Xbox One version.
We are a small team therefore I am doing work in many areas.
My main area of responsibility is all things graphics programming.
- Development of lighting and shadow system for a 2D / 3D Hybrid environement
- Implementation of 2D Animation system with dynamic character clothing system
- Special Effect Shader Development
Was given the possibility to work on many different sub-aspects of the development. The major tasks were:
- Cross-platform experience: worked on Android, Windows Phone 8, iOS and one unannounced console platform
- Cross-platform game development
- Implementation of NinePatch texture support into engine, game, tools and content pipeline
- Network multiplayer refactoring and debugging
- Implementation of controller support for the layout system
Hello. My name is Jendrik Illner and I am an engine programmer, creating the technology that turns vision into realities.
Born and raised in Germany but currently living in the Netherlands.
I am a motorsports addict so one can frequently spot me on the racetracks around the world. Currently I am active kart driver in the GK4 series racing with a GM VT250 engine in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.